18 July 2007

GOD DAMMIT I HATE BUYING RAZORS!

Gillette is the most morally repugnant company in existence. I went out to buy replacement heads for their jizzo-blasto Mach 3 and found that not only was their a confusing array of three-blade replacement heads (ranging up to five blades) but the smallest package of replacement heads is a measly four blades at $10.99! The eight blade package is a whopping $21.99.

So, I tried something new. I found that Bic makes a package of four complete, disposable, 3-blade razors for the cost of $3.99. It's still a lot for a plastic handle with three angled pieces of sharpened steel, but it isn't $2.50 just for the angled steel with a weak, plastic frame.

Lesson? In our culture, it costs less to be wasteful. You pay the price dearly for what consumers might perceive as quality and avoiding waste.

Whew.

Well, at least I can shave now without taking out a mortgage.

No comments: